Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Eve

     I guess in all the snowy and blowy weather this week I managed to procrastinated in the making of Valentines for my children to take to school. Emily, my beloved blonde pre-teen, was blessed with her momma's need to be creative and the boring boxed set of Valentines you casually pick up at the Dollar General will not satisfy. We must have foam.....foam sheet valentine hearts....all adorned with lavish puffy, shiny, and googly stickers, glittery glue, lovely jewels..........(you should see my bar right now.. I need a picture of the carnage). Spencer's earlier comment regarding the "volcanic eruption" that has occurred in my kitchen was...."do you think they went a little overboard?" Well.... probably. Not only that, I am in charge of the party, and I decided in some incredibly insane moment that I was going to make "homemade suckers" --- what a SUCKER I am....really?? In all the madness tonight I was trying to make suckers, get baths, and chase the dogs that got out of the yard. They decided it would be hilarious to run a muck around the cul-de-sac in the mud and slush to add to the excitement of the evening) I was also somehow trying tp get a men's size 13 shoebox to resemble a lovely adorned valentine box-- wrapped in paper for Hayden--so he could bring home all the "sugery" wares brought forth during this lovely love filled holiday!! WHO decided there needed to be a day dedicated to love anyhow?? Aren't we supposed to LOVE always??
     The Lord calls us to Love first and foremost as He loved us. Isn't that the hardest thing to do sometimes? When your feet are aching from wearing rediculous black heeled boots to church on a Sunday morning in the icy slush and having to trapse up and down 800 flights of stairs all over everywhere in creation (that you FBC!!) to deliver your children to their appropriate departments.......... making candy LOLLYPOPS for a bunch of hormonal 10 year olds does not top my list of LOVELY activities for a relaxing Sunday evening. This WAS the day that the LORD hath made for REST anyhow! (Who am I kidding!) OK, enough sarcasm, God knows my heart on this!! :) This was all my own doing. I should have just bought a $3 bag of blow pops and called it good. Oh NO, not me......that would never do!! I have to go overboard on everything I do for my beautiful little darlings. Spencer looks at me in complete awe of my rediculous-ness at least once a day (most days..more!!) All in all, we must love. (even if we DON'T feel like it!) God loved us so much that HE sent his ONE and ONLY to die on that beautiful cross for us. This was TRUE love......Everlasting Love.......Amazing Love!! Is it possible that on this over choco-fied, over goosh-ified, over advertised holiday of Cupid and his clan we could LOVE just as Jesus loved us?????? I dare you.....be like Him. Feel HIS love overwhelming your heart with gladness and joy. We are His first love and HE is mine. This for all my beloved....To all of you with LOVE---Agape LOVE--- on this Valentine's Day Eve 2011. Blessings and good night................

No comments:

Post a Comment